Monday, April 15, 2013

Future Husband

These are some things that I'm looking for in someone I would like to marry.  It's highly possible I may never because, according to many friends, my standards are way too high.

I've had my fair share of boyfriends, and every time, I find an aspect of a guy that I would need to have in a future husband of mine.

Starting with the standard appearances and background:
-  Must be Asian (preferably Korean because of the culture and food)
-  Preferably taller than me, although same height-ish is okay, too.  A bit shorter is also okay.  Too short, or too tall is weird.  And awkward.  And also painful to the neck region of the body.
-  Preferably good-looking, must be above average.  (Around a 7 of 10 on my scale will do.  It's not the guy's looks I'm worried about, really.  It's my future children's looks.  I want them to be pretty.)

Now we have the important, what's-inside-the-mind-and-heart part:
-  Must be a good Christian, devoted to Jesus above all else.
-  Must be intellectually compatible with me.  I need someone that will be able to hold conversations with me on topics that I'm very interested in, such as Psychology, Chemistry, Physics, modern-day technologies, and philosophy on controversial topics of the modern day and in the Bible.  I don't want to debate with him, I want to have a conversation.  There is a big difference.
-  Must be responsible over himself, his money, his future, and me.  Nowadays, even when people get married, they both expect the other to be responsible solely for themselves.  People often don't understand what it is to be responsible for the other person you're marrying.  He has to be willing to be responsible for me, my actions, and my consequences, and I have to be willing to be responsible for him.  As for the money issue, it doesn't matter if the person does or does not have money now.  If he isn't responsible, he will lose what he has, and if he is responsible, he will earn what he deserves.
-  Must be active and initiative.  I used to have a boyfriend that would love to plan out his future.  He would plan and plan and plan for hours.  His hobby was planning things.  And that was all he had.  I don't plan too much.  There is no need to have more planning than is necessary, because when I plan something out, I take action.  I like to go through with something that I have in mind, and when I decide not to go through with it, or when I can't, I scratch the plan and make another plan which I do go through with.  I need someone more like me and less like my ex who would talk about things he wouldn't dare to try.
-  Must like watching good TV shows.  Watching shows is still a big addiction of mine, and I'm not kicking it any time soon.  I would love to have someone who shares at least a part in this craze of mine.  And I put the word 'good' in there because my idea of 'good TV' doesn't really match the major population.  I'm not modest, so I'll put it out there:  I think it's because most people don't have the intellectual capability of comprehending the majority of the details that go into TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment