Friday, April 12, 2013

Almost Caught on Fire

I was drying my hair with my hair dryer.  I just got out of the shower.  The wires in there have been loose for a while.  I have to jiggle it in a particular way and hold down the button in a particular position for it to work. Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I see a bright orange while I heard a simultaneous 'pop' sound.  I looked at the hair dryer, and there was smoke coming out of it.  I panicked, and put it down.  I have a carpeted floor, by the way, and my laundry basket was nearby.  There was another sudden 'pop' with another burst of orange with even more smoke.  Afraid that my clothes would catch on fire, I decided it was worth burning my finger to turn the hair dryer off.  As I was turning it off, there was another burst and another pop.  But now the hair dryer was off.  And my finger wasn't burnt.

Good news:  My apartment didn't catch on fire.

Bad news:  I don't have a hair dryer anymore.  From the "My Hair" post, you know how obsessed I am about my hair.  I don't have any way to dry it.  I'm quite upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment