Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weird dream on Wednesday night 1/16/13:


The setting was in the show Merlin.  Arthur was still a prince and Morgana took over as a tyrant Queen.  However, I didn’t know who they were really.  As in they weren’t Prince Arthur and Lady Morgana, but they had their faces.

The queen had taken over the country and I was part of the rebellion.  The prince was under her command and was doing what he was told, although he was trying to fight against her, too.  She was taking away everything that was dear to us in our childhood such as our stuffed animals.  One of the scenes I distinctly remember was that the soldiers would tie up our Crayola crayons loosely in a red string and drag it along the floor.  The crayons were very big, or I was very zoomed in.  They passed through everything as if belonging in another dimension and could not be touched or stopped.  As the crayons were being dragged away, all the color in the world went with it.  The goal of the queen was to get rid of anything that would spark creativity, and therefore art was banned.  It was the prince who had led the Crayola seize.  He came back to the hideout and I confronted him about it.  He said he couldn’t have done anything because he was just following orders. I punched him and told him to get his head together.  He was the prince and he could change the command as he wished and he didn’t have to be under her control.  He told me that it was actually a guy named ‘Bourne’ who had come up with the idea to seize the crayons and therefore take color out of the world.  The queen had just laughed and let him do as he pleased.

As a small form of rebellion the prince had brought with him a small cardboard shoebox sized box with plastic wrap covering the open top.  On top of the plastic was written in olive green pesto an exclamation mark and a question mark.  It seemed that the punctuation marks were mostly scraped off since it looked more like a short line and a half-formed hook.  I knew this was very important because one of the marks represented one of the siblings.  It was going to help us win the revolution.  I was going to guess that the exclamation mark represented the prince and the question mark represented the queen as I was waking up.

At some point in the background of this dream I had this urge to give the prince a gift I had wrapped up in a box, although I have no clue what was inside.  I never got around to doing it, but there was some form of urgency because he needed to open my gift before he opened any more.  It was for his birthday.


About the dream:

This was still a time in my life when I felt trapped.  I felt trapped in the place I was living in, the job that I had, etc.  I felt trapped because life wouldn't let me go where I wanted to go.  I had just quit grad school, and it had been just a few months since I ran out of my parent's house.

Prince Arthur represented my childhood.  Along with childhood came imagination, creativity, and the capability of becoming whatever you wanted to be.  Options are still open, happiness could be found everywhere.  The queen represented adulthood.  She took over, and the prince had to choice but to cave in. When we grow up, we find ourselves in places we can't avoid any longer.  Doors have closed on us.  Our infinite possibilities have shrunk immensely.  But not by our choice.  Time does that to us.

At that stage in my life, I was looking for a way out.  And that shoebox represented my freedom.

That odd sensation of giving him a gift was because I really wanted to see this particular guy and had a present in mind and everything.  No, I never got around to giving it to him.  I probably never will.

But thank God that that stage of my life is over.  I do feel free now.  As long as I rely on the hands of God to  be there for me instead of trying to make it out on my own, opportunities just start to open up for me.  Such as the whole teaching thing.  God's gifts are always better than we could imagine.  He just wants us to rely on Him is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment