Thursday, March 21, 2013

Nightmare

Last night I had a nightmare.  Most of my dreams are pretty bad.  But when I have a nightmare, it meant that I woke up in the middle of the night crying.

In my dream, my sister died.  I have two younger sisters, but this one is about the older one.  She currently goes to MIT and I got a call from her last night.  We were just talking, mostly about her and her classes.

But this was the dream:
I had, along with two sisters, two younger brothers.  For some reason, I found myself in the body of the older of the two brothers.  He loved my sister as much as I did.  They were just a year apart, so they grew up as extremely close friends.  We had heard that my sister was ill.  She was diagnosed with some type of terminal cancer and would die within a month.  However, she refused to quit school and come home.  She wanted to at least finish the semester.  The last time she called me, she told me that she had to take a test the next day, then we told each other 'I love you' several times before hanging up.  The brother was more heartbroken about this than any one of us.  The brother's body then transformed into my own.  My sister had come back from MIT.  She now only had several days remaining.  My parents decided that it would be better to euthanize her than to let her die of the terrible disease.  It was going to be her last night, so I decided to sleep with her like when we were little.  During the middle of the night my mom came in.  She had three different types of paralyzing solutions ready.  She started with my sister's leg.  She was using a large needle filled with yellow-ish fluid.  I could feel my sister's pain.  I cried out, telling her to stop.  But my sister was in too much pain to have enough energy to even cry out.  Then my mom moved on to her shoulder.  She used a different needle filled with a different solution.  I yelled at her to stop.  My sister had one more day left, what was she doing?  My mom fed me a heavy dose of painkiller to put me back to sleep.  There was one more needle.  This one was much longer and much thicker than the other ones.  She stabbed this needle straight into my sister's heart.  My sister slowly died, without getting the chance to resist once.  The painkiller was already taking effect, and no matter how much I tried not to, I fell back asleep.  The next morning I woke.  My sister was gone.  My mom and dad were in mourning.  I felt sick.  My mother didn't deserve to mourn her after what she did.  I told my dad about what happened.  About how cruel my mother had been the night before.  She could have used the painkiller to put my sister to sleep before she killed her, but she let her suffer the pain.  All my mom said was that she had forgotten about it, and my dad believed her.  I felt lost.  Everything I knew to be true, such as my parents' love for their children, were all lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment