Friday, March 15, 2013

Bad Caffeine

I've never actually done any illegal drugs.  Not because I grew up in a Christian family and not because everyone was saying it was bad.  I knew a lot of people that did drugs back when I was growing up.  Especially in freshmen year in high school, I was cutting classes or leaving the campus during lunch almost everyday to just hang out with friends.  I remember this one friend who took me to a small hidden area next to the creek and she showed me how to smoke pot.  I remember friends telling me they were sneaking in pills, or sneaking in vodka in water bottles.  The idea never tempted me, though.

I never understood why anyone would want to purposefully alter the chemical balance in their brain for a temporarily feeling with possible permanent brain damage that would impair memory, cognitive function, motor function, change your personality, and other multiple physical effects.  I liked who I was and how smart I was, and whatnot, and wasn't willing to risk anything.  I'm glad I didn't, but I wish I could have convinced some of them too.

I wish I never started drinking coffee, honestly.  Drugs that mess with the natural system of your body are never good (unless for medical purposes obviously).  Not even the ones you can buy at anytime at anyplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment