Saturday, June 25, 2016

Dear Sister

Dear youngest sister,

It's been nearly a week since I talked to you last.  You're off on a mission trip, and I'm hoping you're having a really great time.  I've been super proud of everything you're doing and where your heart is right now.  You've grown so much in just a year, and I'm amazed every time I see you.  Last we talked, we talked about how to love people.  I admitted to you that I'm scared of what responsibilities loving people accompanies.  You said that you prayed for the heart to pray for loving people at first.  I couldn't even muster up that courage.  But I'm not sure if it's because you prayed for me, but I've been able to pray for the courage and energy that it takes to love people.  I've realized that I've been lacking the courage and the energy it requires to love people.  The courage to face complete rejection and isolation from those people I love, and the energy and perseverance it takes to continue loving them and giving my all.  So pray for me for this.  Maybe I can grow as much as you have in the next year.

Love,

Jeen

No comments:

Post a Comment