Monday, June 3, 2013

Status of my Right Arm

So updates on my arm:

If it was just the pain in my arm, it wouldn't be such a big deal.  But along with the pain came down the numbness that was originally in my face.  So currently, the entire upper right half of my body is numb, and my right, dominant arm, is quite weak.  It's actually weaker than my left arm right now, and it's not much of use when carrying files and putting stuff away for my job.  It kind of hurts while I drive, so I try to rest it whenever I can.  I'm trying to get an appointment with the Neurology department for MRI scans at the Oakland Kaiser because the Richmond Kaiser is booked.  But in the meantime, I'm going to go to the chiropractor and try to see if they can do anything.

The pain was quite agonizing at first, but I'm on pretty strong painkillers right now.  The painkillers definitely help with the pain, which allows me to use my arm, which is why I'm able to type right now.  But on the down side, I get pretty woozy, and I'm feeling out of it for most of the day.  I'm hoping that the effect wears off by the time I have to drive home again.

I guess everything started freshmen year of college.  I woke up one day to a tingling sensation in my right hand.  I wasn't sleeping on it weird or anything.  The tingling sensation lasted the whole day, leaving my right thumb pretty numb.  I went to the doctor and they said it was nothing, so I forgot about it until the right half of my face went numb in October.  The face going numb was definitely due to the stress I was going through during that time.  My face is still numb, and even though they did CT scans, lumbar punctures, and MRI's of my brain, they couldn't find anything wrong.  Because it wasn't life threatening, they said it was fine and so I forgot about it until last Thursday, when my entire right arm, including shoulders and neck and chest went numb.  Now it's no longer nothing, and I really hope I can find out what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment