Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Busy Busy Bee

I've been extremely busy lately, especially at work, so I've had no time to make any recent posts.

Work:
It's near the end of the school year, so everyone's rushing to get things done and turn things in that should've gotten done and turned in months ago.  As the file clerk, I'm at the end of the long chain of paperwork, which means that long after school is over, I'll still be keeping pretty busy trying to catch up with all the incoming papers.  Lately, I've been getting in a box and a half of paperwork a day on average, and about a five-foot tall stack of files to put away.  That's about two days worth of work for me, because on top of all that, I have teachers and program managers and psychologists calling me wanting files pulled and copies made.  So I'm pretty backed up, which means there's no time for me to write anything except during my lunch hour.  (Right now.)

Texas thing:
I'm still waiting on a reply, which is really destroying me inside, but more on that in my next post.  I'm spending my free time studying for the TExES exam, which I'll have to take very soon.  It's really difficult actually.  I could pass the CSET's in my sleep, but the TExES is more difficult, and the requirement to pass is higher.  So I'm actually studying for it.  I bought the book, I'm solving problems, memorizing formulas, etc.

My baby sister:
She's in the tenth grade, which means AP tests.  She goes to a school that doesn't offer any AP classes, so she has to study for the AP test on her own.  Studying on her own means buying a book, asking her sister to be a free tutor, and me spending about five hours a day teaching her.  Five hours a day for me is $100/day that I'm not charging.  With my moving to Texas and all, I kinda need that money.  That I can't ask for.  Because she's my family.

Five Guys:
Their fries are amazing.  Last Thursday, several people from my life group went to eat there together.  It was my first time there, and I must say, their fries are the best.  In-n-Out fries were my favorite until I tried Five Guys.  Their fries are thick-cut and are fried in peanut oil.  So it's healthier, and it tastes better.  I love love love it.  This has absolutely nothing with me being busy, but I needed to put it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment