Thursday, April 25, 2013

God is With Me

Always.

God is with me always.

So yesterday was the really long interview where I had to do my teaching sample, redo my teaching sample, and then have a personal interview, all which took a total of four hours.

Let's start my story with when I got off the plane. I went to the rental car place. I had a good 10% left on my battery. The phone wont turn off until it's around 3%. However, as soon as I got out of the rental place, my phone died. The roads led straight to highways. I knew I had to get out to either a McDonald's or a Burger King so I could charge my phone so I could have directions to my motel.

The streets in Dallas are crazy. There are seriously like 20 highways and freeways that all intersect. It's like a maze of streets going everywhere. On top of that, the signs aren't clear and the roads aren't organized. It's not like in the Bay Area where u don't always need a GPS to find where you're going. Here, on the way back to the airport, even with my GPS on the whole way, I got lost three times. Every half mile to a mile, the highway would split into two, sometimes three or four highways, and two or three would merge. On top of the weird roads, there was construction going on everywhere so a lot of exits were closed. Unlike the highways in the Bay Area, there were no gas and food stop signs. Only highway signs. Only when the highways split, too. So I was obviously lost and unable to locate a fast food place. After a good 15 minutes of panicking and praying, I got off the next stop.

What I saw next was a sign from God. It was an In-N-Out. How is an In-N-Out a sign from God? Well, first of all, In-N-Out is the ONLY franchise I know that is Christian owned. Second, the entrance to the In-N-Out was in the middle of the exit ramp. Yes, in the middle. I didn't exit, then made a quick right to the nearest restaurant. I exited, but before I reached a road I had to slam the brakes because the In-N-Out entrance was right there. Lastly, I didn't know In-N-Out's even existed out of California. In-N-Out is a California thing. So I asked, and that particular restaurant was just built. Within the last year. It was the first one in Texas.

Basically, it was God's way of showing me that He was with me. The whole way.

I'm normally not really scared of anything. Besides spiders, insects, and worms. But after a minute of screaming I will man up and kill it. But when it comes to life stuff, I'm not afraid. I get nervous, I panic, I get depressed, and I get angry. But I'm never scared. Not even of my dad when he gets angry. Even in my 15 minutes of panicking, I wasn't scared. Just panicked. But now I found something I'm actually afraid of. I'm afraid of God's abandonment. I'm afraid of being in a place where he will not reach out to me. But as a child of God, He promises to always be with me. I can take comfort in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment