Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lesson Plan

For the interview, I have to present a short 5-minute lesson plan.

My lesson plan:  Finding area of a circle through this:

1.  Cut the circle into 8 segments
2.  Arrange them into a parallelogram shape

Area of a parallelogram = (base)(height)
Using the pieces of the circle, base = half of circumference and height = radius
So substituting it in, you get pi * r^2
Yay.

So for the presentation part, I'm pre-cutting out the circles I made yesterday, so all the 'students' (the interview panel) get to cut the circle and arrange it and whatnot, and using different colored markers, I will show, on the board with my larger pieces, how to find the formula.

This would be an actual lesson plan I would do if I were actually teaching.  The rest of the class would involve classwork time with handouts and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment