Wednesday, March 13, 2013

About Me

Quick tidbit about me.  Yes, I used tidbit.  I don't know what else I could have used.

Obviously my English vocabulary is very limited.  I never saw the point of memorizing and using very long difficult sounding words that not many people know when you can say the same thing in a couple simpler, shorter words that everyone knows.

I'm female.  24.  Born August 1988.  Korean.  Born again Christian.  Two parents I don't really talk to.  Two younger sisters I absolutely love and adore and mentor.  A bunny named Nibblet.  A few, but very close friends.  No boyfriend (not yet, but I'd better soon if I ever want to get married).

I love sweets.  Cookies, candies, ice cream, etc.  I don't like chocolate, though.  I also don't like seafood (looking at whole fish, shrimp, crabs, lobsters, etc and people munching on them makes my stomach squirm, and raw fish taste gross).  I also don't like pork, including bacon and sausage (it tastes funny).  I do love fruits, my favorite being anything in the citrus family.  And of course, being Korean, I would love to eat spicy foods.

Recently I've been listening to a lot of Klove (it's a Christian radio station).  My favorite Chrsitian artists are Jamie Grace and Toby Mac.  But besides Christian music, I'm in love with hip-hop music.  Not the crappy so-called 'hip hop' you hear on the radio nowadays, but real hip hop with real meaning in the lyrics and good rhythm.  Epik High is wonderful and I've loved them since I was a freshman in high school.  Eminem is also another favorite (obviously) and lately I've been finding a lot of Jake Miller.  Besides hip hop I also started getting more into house electronic.  Tiesto, Swedish House Mafia, and David Guetta are my favorite.  I love their songs (in the album that aren't played on the radio).

I currently work as a file clerk at the Special Education Department at my school district.  Yes, our school district is so large and we have so many students that we needed a separate person just to put papers in the files, and keep track of who has what file.  That's basically my entire job description, which gives me enough time to write these blog entries during work.  Surprisingly enough, I have a Bachelor's Degree from UC Davis in Chemical Engineering.  Wait...  What happened?  Yeah, that's a story for some other time.  I want to become a math teacher.  I also want to pursue a Ph.D in Neuroscience.

Anyways, above all else, I love Jesus.

The reason why I'm starting this blog is because I want to be very honest and open while recording God's presence in my life.  Some entries may be about how I'm feeling that particular day.  Other entries may be about what I see myself doing in the future.  I'm sure quite a few entries will be about what my past was like. I have a very speckled past, but through all that time you can see God's hand at work, which is a reason I'd like to record it.

So I guess it wasn't so quick after all.  But yeah.  That's just a little bit of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment