Thursday, March 14, 2013

Birth Control

No, this post isn't about the issue of birth control in Catholic communities, although I'm sure I'll get to that one day.  This post is about the actual pills, and the fact that I'm taking them.

This is actually my first month after taking it, and it's not because I'm having a crazy amount of sex.  It's because I needed some way to manage my period cycle and the insane cramps and odd cravings that come with it.  My cycle is extremely odd, when graphing out the cycles, it looks like some odd slanted triangular oscillation.  The pain every time would be so bad I would have trouble falling asleep even with painkillers.  I would get so sick sometimes I couldn't go to work just because I couldn't move from my bed.  I'd also have weird food cravings.  Last time I was hunting for strawberries with absolutely no luck, and so all I could think about for days were strawberries.

Now all I have is a mild headache.  A little bit of bloating, but that's it.  It makes me wonder why I didn't start taking birth control years ago.  This pill is magical.  Seriously.  Thank you God for the scientists that came up with this magical pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment