Monday, March 25, 2013

Q.T. #1

Today's QT came from the book of Daniel.

Daniel 1:1-9
Faithful in Exile

The background of the story is after years of being in the Promised Land given by God, the Israelites were enjoying the land but forgetting about God who gave it to them.  God allowed the Babylonians to take over as a form of punishment, destroying their land and their temples.

Daniel and a few other Israelites are allowed to serve in the new King's palace.  They're given good food and wine, good clothing, etc.  Daniel was faithful to God, however, and refused the King's food and wine because it was against the Hebrew laws.

God is merciful, and to those who are faithful to Him, He will allow for hope and success in the darkest of situations.  Daniel was so faithful, however, that he decided to obey God over the opportunity to succeed.  His faithfulness was a higher priority than his personal situation.

I want to be like Daniel.  In my post, Courage, I wrote a prayer where I will be able to keep to my beliefs no matter what situation may come.

Conviction: A firmly held belief that is not persuadable

How do I have conviction in God?  Because I saw God's hand in every part of my life.  Because I heard his voice whisper in my ear.  Because I felt his love overpower me.  I must never forget what He's done for me. I will do what I can for Him and try to continue in the path of a faithful child of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment