Tuesday, April 30, 2013

God Loves Me

The idea that God loves me has really hit me several times throughout my life.  About now is another time in my life where that idea is sinking in, and how crazy it is that God really does love me.

First off, this is GOD that is loving me.  There are many things that we call Him.  Often, we think of God as our friend, our father, and a savior.  But He is much more than that.  He is our creator.  He made us.  He can control every aspect of our lives: every motion we make, every breath that we breathe.  When I was flying to and from Texas, I made sure to get every window seat.  When I looked down, I could see small specks which turned out to be houses and other buildings.  I couldn't even make out the cars until we were closer to the ground, and each car was about the size of a speck of dust.  Inside a car could fit up to five people, which meant that the people were so small that I wouldn't be able to see them.  People.  Humans.  We're so tiny compared to everything else.  And God created the whole universe.  He holds Earth in the palm of His hands.  Yet he sees each and every one of us.  He knows every grain in the sand and every hair on our heads.

Second, God LOVES me.  This almighty, all powerful God took a human form.  A tiny, insignificant, limited human form in order to be with us.  That is how much God loves us.

Lastly, God love ME.  Of all the people in this world, He chooses me to be a part of His family.  He chooses me to show the world who He is.  Me, a broken and abused, little girl from an impoverished family.  Me, someone that kept straying from God's love and chose to integrate herself into a world of hate, anger, and depression.  Yet through it all, through all my troubles and wanderings, through all my disobedience, God kept on calling out to me.  He never faltered in showing me His love.  After all I've done, God constantly reached out His hand, always giving me another chance to go back to Him.  Because He loved me.


But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children   Psalm 103:17 (NIV)

We love because he first loved us.   1 John 4:19 (NIV)

I will never forget God's abundant love and grace He has for me.  In fact, it's why I started blogging in the first place.  To remember the works that He's done in my life so that I may never forget.


On a side note:

While I was on the plane looking down, it also hit me that God really did make us in His image.  I've known that, obviously.  But the extent to how much.in His image never really hit me.  Not only are we alike in God' image through our ability to love, show compassion, and discern right from wrong, but we are alike in His image in our ability to create.  God is a creator.  He designed Earth and every part of its natural beauty.  While I was several thousand feet up in the air, I couldn't see humans.  I couldn't even see the cars or the houses.  But I could see everything else that we made.  Humans made objects that could escape the pull of Earth and observe worlds beyond what we can see from here.  Humans made objects that are so large, they're visible from space.  There probably couldn't be a place on Earth that humans cannot transform.  Yet these humans that can rebuild the Earth into anything they want, are so small, they're smaller than a speck of dust when viewed from within the Earth's atmosphere.


Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.   Psalm 103:1 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment