Friday, April 11, 2014

Lent 2014

This week is the week that our church will be observing Lent. The youth group (and I) will be giving up the most important things in our lives that take up the most time so that we can use that time for more productive outlets including prayer time with God.

So this year I have decided to give up gaming (electronic gaming specifically) and TV shows (including movies, clips, and because I don't want to draw that fine, fine line, any watching electronically thing including the news.  If it's news, I'll read it.)

I have to give up both of them because if I give up one, my time will be completely consumed by the other.

I am already going through severe withdrawal symptoms.  I'm involved in multiple online games, one in which I'm an admin of my troop.  I've known I was addicted for a while.  I check it every thirty minutes or so, and I spend hours at work not doing actual work.  This is good for me, though.  I'll be able to spend time being productive.  I can clean my apartment and get ready to move out.

Yeah, I'm moving.  The landlord raised my rent, so now I'm leaving and finding a much cheaper place to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment