Monday, November 4, 2013

Stability

My life in the past two years had almost no real stability.  Feb moved home, broke up, started going to church, April got job, June changed jobs, Aug started school, Oct moved out, Dec quit school, March changed church, Aug started school, and now it's November again.  Every couple of months something big happens in my life.  This one is no different.  My pastor is leaving.

This is the pastor that really changed my life for the better when I was in high school.  This is the pastor that stuck around for almost nine years for a youth group.  I was really hoping that while I was in Richmond, I'd be able to learn a lot from him.  I was expecting myself to leave before he did.  But only after half a year, he's leaving.  It makes me pretty sad, and pretty anxious.  What would the youth group look like without a steady pastor?  What will I look like as a Bible study teacher without him?  I was talking to my sister last night and she said something quite wise.  The best way to learn to do something is to do it yourself.  I just don't feel ready for him to leave.  But the way the youth group is organized right now, I guess God thinks we're ready.  I've known for a while that I felt like I was brought back to Richmond so I could come back to my roots to start over and start growing again.  My friend said it sounded like God was pulling out my roots.

But even though so many things will continue to change in my life, there's one thing that I can always count on to be there and stay the same.  God is my stability.  My reliance is on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment