Friday, May 2, 2014

That Name

My name is Jeen.

It's spelled slightly odd, but that's due to my newly immigrated parents not knowing how to spell properly.  Most people should have no problem being able to spell my name.  Famous 'Jean's' are Jean Grey (X-Men), Jean Piaget (scientist), and Jeanne d'Arc (or Joan of Arc).  I'm sure there are celebrities named 'Jean' but pop culture is not my strong point.  'Gene' is also a common spelling, but are mostly spelled this way for males.  Also don't forget the pair of pants we wear everyday: jeans.  So when I get my Starbucks coffee and they ask me for my name, there are some that I expect, and others that just surprise me.

Here's a compilation:
Jeen
Jean
Gene
Jeanne
Geen
Gean
Tean
Jeeane (When in doubt, add more 'e's'.)

And today's new addition to the list:
Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment