Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We Value Humans

Wow these are a lot of posts in one day.

But anyways, I'm on a Bible reading plan, and the plan gets me to read some of the Old Testament, some of the New Testament, and a chapter or two from either Proverbs or Psalms.  I'm reaching the end of Exodus.

The Israelites' devotion to Moses is something that really gets me curious.  They adore Moses.  They call him the father of nations, the refer to the law as Moses' law, and everything they say goes back to Moses.  All God did was use Moses as a vessel.  I'm not saying that he wasn't important or anything, but I feel like they adored Moses more than they loved God.  When God came down to earth in the form of Jesus, they rejected Him.  They rejected Jesus, the embodiment of the true, living God, and accused Him of breaking laws that were written by Moses.

This is just a comment on how strange it is that we would give such awe to other humans just like us, yet reject God, even when he came down in human form to reach us.

No comments:

Post a Comment