Friday, March 22, 2013

Highway Traffic

My best friend and I were once talking about how people in the East Bay are the slowest when it comes to driving on the highways.

I have encountered several times when I just wanted to run over the car in front of me.  There was a time when the car in front of me, again on the highway, was going 40mph.  40 mph is the speed you can go on local roads.  Highways are for twice that speed.  Oftentimes I see those huge trucks going 10mph under the speed limit still go much faster than cars around them.  It's really annoying.  This is when there is no traffic.  When there is traffic, it would probably be faster to bike.

However, as soon as you get out of the East Bay, everyone suddenly starts driving faster.  All the cars around me were going 70-80mph.  Even the big trucks were going faster.

The reason why I'm writing about this is because I drove to Fairfield to take my last CSET today.  Oakland is much closer, but the next available one is next week.  As soon as I crossed the bridge, all the cars suddenly started to slow down.  There weren't more cars, just slower cars.  Needless to say, I kept switching lanes trying to weave through a maze of cars and trucks while I was driving back to work.  Again, the traffic wasn't due to the amount of cars on the highway.  Just the speed of the cars.

Slow drivers are annoying.  =[

No comments:

Post a Comment