Friday, April 5, 2013

All is His

I was thinking back to the Friday when we did the fasting.  Later, at the youth group meeting, the pastor asked everyone a question: what did we learn from fasting?  What insights did we gain?

What I took from this:  God is the one that provides.  Everything is ultimately His.

For weeks leading up to Easter Sunday, God has been providing me with food.  He kept sending someone every week to give me the week's worth of food.  The weekends I would eat through the church.  The day before I was going to fast, I was worried about water.  The tap water is disgusting, and I don't trust that water going into my body.  I didn't have enough money to buy bottled water or a good filter.  So Wednesday night, God provided me with two bottles of water.  I went on a walk with my friend, and he brought water along with him.  One for him, and one for me.  He didn't touch his water bottle, and at the end of the walk, he told me to keep it.

Wow.  I know that the job I have was provided by Him.  God also generously gave me the car I have and the apartment I live in.  He is also providing me with the food I eat and the water I drink.  But I realized, it goes even further.  The air I breathe is given by Him.  The clothes on my back are because of Him.  The socks on my feet are thanks to Him.  Everything I have is because God gave them to me.  The good health I have is thanks to Him.  The hair on my head is thanks to Him.  Everything I have, own, everything...  is thanks be to God.

Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment